Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Nice buy on Torque Screwdriver

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 12:31:39 -0700
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

snip
A lot of guys have given up on purely friction mounting going to adjusting
against the bell or the adjustment "tower?" for the rings and a locking pin
that engages the receiver for the bases if they aren't using a pacatinny
rail. Personally I just gave up on springers and have gone all PCP for my
shooting pleasure. Pretty hard to beat 80-100 shot on a fill (at 20FPE)
with my .177 and 25-50 shots at 60FPE in .25.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the pin in the mount and I've seen some of what
they are doing with strategically positioning the scope body. I've got
one dovetail adapter to install with a Picatinny on top. Won't know if
there is a pin hole or not till a remove the existing rear site. Either
going to drill a shallow hole or maybe just file a shallow groove/slot
for it if there isn't one. That gun isn't all that expensive... The
other one should come with a Picatinny/Weaver rail and the scope will
have Weaver mounts.

I'm looking at PCP guns but I'm not there yet. Some pretty amazing
stuff out there. I've been perusing some of the UK Magazines, stuff
you just don't see/hear much in the States...

Glad I bought my Diana 48 in .177 many years ago when I was still
working. They haven't gotten any cheaper

snip
Looks like a nice score on that torque driver. I always envy somebody
else's great luck a little bit.

It is way more tool than I need but I got it for less than the cheapo
versions I was seriously considering. Sometimes you get lucky...

When I still shot springers I really liked the Hammer's Magnum scopes.
Never really had any slip issues, but then both of my springers have
picatiny rails.

I'm sticking with inexpensive scopes just now to see how it goes. If
the guns trash them but I liked how they were working I'll get better
ones. I'm no stranger to good scopes, have some nice Leupold, Burris,
Weaver, Herters... on big bang guns. They haven't gotten any cheaper
either ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b