Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default One for the electronics guys about soldering

Munch wrote:

I'm going with the first one because it looks too neat to be a mistake,
plus, it doesn't seem to want to be sucked up using my vacuum
desoldering station - but a bit of confirmation would be very nice!

The 2x3 set of pins are 0v and all there to hold the connector
physically rigid to the board. The pins are connected by tracks rather
than being on one big ground plane to avoid problems with heat running
away when soldering.

--
Scott