Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Meter maids.

Changed to a new dual fuel deal a couple of months ago.

Got an email from them asking for meter readings by 9/12. Made a note to
read them just before this date. My theory being the actual usage over the
longest period is going to make any calculation to arrive at a monthly
payment more accurate.

On Wednesday, a meter reader arrived. To read just the gas meter.
This morning, one to read them both.
Monday, I suppose, one to read just the leccy one.

I quite often see the same G4S guy with different hats on reading the
meter for my own property, neighbours or the village hall. He used to
work for nPower (but with different hats on when reading eON, SSE etc)
but his job was "outsourced" to a cheaper outfit.

It seems they all subcontract reading out but by supplier rather than
geographical zone so that he wastes a lot of time.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown