Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Meter maids.

On Friday, 25 November 2016 11:54:47 UTC, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Tricky Dicky writes:
Same happened to me phoned through the readings then a week later got a second request finally someone came round to read the meters. I think they did not believe me, not Scottish Power by any chance?

As part of an initiative to prevent theft of power, government requires
meters to be physically inspected by the companies (can't remember if
this annually or every 2 years).

In any event, they've never got close to this frequency in my case - the
indoor one has been inspected less then once every 10 years (and that's
including one meter change).

It's never been read here. Not once. The estimates are pretty good though.

NT