Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall lights from socket circuit

In article ,
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

A multimaster/angle grinder could cut a narrow enough slot for some
thin low voltage 'bell wire' cable which should be sufficient for LED
lamps at 12V?

Could have interesting LED options including remote control, changing
colour, chase sequences, sound to light, disco!

But where are you going to hide the power supply? A wall wart with the
cable going into the plaster is going to look like a Wodney special.

Needs to be easily disconnectable.

Thread the wires and all to something tastily industrial, say a huge
naked knife blade switch authentic from the era of Frankenstein, and
*tell* the cat to stay away from it.

Pleas don't give me ideas. ;-)

For the OP, I'd remove the pull switches. And fit a switched FCU below the
fitting. Get some decent ones - polished or matt chrome seems to be in
these days. Or make one up using grid switch parts - a dimmer and a fuse
unit.

--
*I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.