Travis Jordan

Default Garage Door Work question

Tony wrote:
/snip/
I asked them for a quote on a new unit. They said their lowest cost
unit would run $295 (that includes installation). They recommended a
screw drive unit with a 10 year warranty for $349. They also said
that if I bought a unit elsewhere it would run $95 to install a
Craftsman and $125 to install any other type opener.

Forgot to mention; if you are after the lowest cost solution consider
just replacing your remote control 'system' with a new one. This should
leave your 'lifetime' warranty on the opener itself intact. The new
remote attaches to the existing push-button wiring. The new Security+
code format receiver and one transmitter is $38 on sale at
http://www.aaaremotes.com/lifgardoorop4.html

Because of its age, I assume your current system doesn't use the
Security+ code format. So, don't forget to order a second remote if you
need it ($20 - http://www.aaaremotes.com/lif97secplus.html)