Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Meter maids.

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Tricky Dicky writes:
Same happened to me phoned through the readings then a week later got
a second request finally someone came round to read the meters. I
think they did not believe me, not Scottish Power by any chance?

As part of an initiative to prevent theft of power, government requires
meters to be physically inspected by the companies (can't remember if
this annually or every 2 years).

None of the meter readers I've ever seen take a close look at the
installation. Just read the meter as quickly as possible.

In any event, they've never got close to this frequency in my case - the
indoor one has been inspected less then once every 10 years (and that's
including one meter change).

I can't be sure, but seems to have been at least once a year here -
despite me entering the readings online when asked for them.

--
*My wife and I had words. But I didn't get to use mine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.