Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hive central heating controller - one channel or two

In article ,
NY wrote:
Also, are you sure your system doesn't already allow you to set it
while away on holiday? So it comes on the day or whatever you return?
Even if a day or two out, you're not going to use the gas cost of one
of these.

As far as I know, the controller just has time-on, time-off settings -
I'm not aware that you can say "from dates d1 to d2 come on between
these hours, but otherwise come on between these hours".

Anyway, what we want is "between these dates, heat the house to a
frost-free temperature; otherwise heat to a normal temperature". Since
the boiler is outside, any frost stat in the boiler will just be to keep
the boiler itself from freezing, not to prevent the house (eg water
pipes) from freezing.

Sounds like you need to update to modern controls. Far better way to spend
your money than on Hive.

--
*Do they ever shut up on your planet?

Dave Plowman London SW