Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default black friday

In article ,
tim... wrote:
Tesco/Sainsbury's/Asda 40-43in TVs @149 50in @ 199. Mid range Brands
Had to read the box very carefully to find out if it had internet
"catch up" capability. Both had WiFi ticked but only the smaller one
said that it came with an internet browser. The larger one majored on
using the WiFi to "pair" with your PC, but as my PC isn't capable of
paring in that way such a feature is useless to me. If it did have
catch up via an internal browser, the info on the box didn't say so.

I tend to think of sales as being surplus current excess stock sold off at
a discount. Perhaps to make way for the latest models. As in traditional
New Year etc sales.

But so much of it in this sort of sale seems to be old or inferior spec
stuff brought in specially to sell at what seems a low price.

I looked at customer reviews for one of these. Got 4.8 (out of 5) for
picture, and 4.6 for sound. I don't know of any TV on the market at any
price that deserves 4.6 out of 5 for sound.

--
*Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.