Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Auto dimmer for LEDs

On Friday, 25 November 2016 00:33:49 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 19:59:50 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote in message
On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 17:57:54 UTC, bm wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

Explain again? Since you didn't understand the first time - with
others
trying to explain it to you too - why would you understand now?

yuo claim that replacing triacs turns makes a dimmer go from a
leading
edge to a trailing edge dimmer.

Only in your rather warped mind.

For someone who works in the education field not being able to
learn
at
all seems very odd.

He's just taking the ****, Dave. He HAS to be, no way could he be THAT
thick.
Could he?

I hope not. But he is in education.

Not even that, can't bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Most obviously currently with pet insensitive PIRs.

what are pet insensative PIRs

Even you can't actually be that stupid.

There aren't .

The IR emitted or reflected fromn a pet is pretty much the same type of IR emitted or reflected by a human.
IR is radation not a smell or vioce recgonition.

do ou really think a pets infra red foot print
is that difernt from a humans well it not.

Must be when pet insensitive PIR work fine.

They do work fine when used as insrtructed.
They have a lower sensitivity or are directed away from the ground where a pet is more likely to be.

All these so called PIRs do is lower the sensativity,

Wrong, as always, most obviously with those
what dont look at stuff that is low on the floor.

Why don't they look at stuff on the floor ?

if you set it to ignore 40KG animals
it wontl detect 40KG of a child either.

**** all have 40KG cats, ****wit.

So why have that setting at all then. ?

Why not have don;lt detect dogs don;t detect cats and or only detect humans settings.

You're just fooled by adversising.

Nope, got one that works fine thanks.

I prefer motion detection.

http://www.safewise.com/home-securit...tion-detectors
Features vary by manufacturer and model, but can include selectable
sensitivity
for pets up to 40 pounds or those weighing up to 80 pounds and can be set
disregard one large pet, like a full-grown dog or several small pets, like
cats.

It's just a sensativity setting or you angle them above floor level.

Wrong, as always, particularly with the hybrid PIR/dopplers.

then it's NOT the PIR then is it.
Why bother adding the expense of dopplers when PIR can do it all according to you?

And its completely trivial to go much further and use cameras
instead and when you have a fully integrated alarm and light
control system, you can even have it work out that its just the
cat that has come in thru the cat flap and that there is no need
to turn the room lights on for that etc.

Yep I know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUBgEZ5fteU&t=12s

When another cat came to the flap it set an alarm on my computer that said intruder or red alert (from star trek) as my cat was in the frontroom it got used to teh warning and ran to the cat flap whenever it heard intruder alert.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should be able work
out that a system that uses cameras can trivially work out what
is a human and what is a pet,

Yes but that does NOT use PIR, idiot.

And even go much further and have it notify you that mice
etc have been observed while you were sleeping etc and
suggest you bait them etc.

I go mine to trigger when a snail crossed a step.
I aslo go a few off flying things triggering the alarm.
I could adjust the sensitivity so it wouldn;t trigger from snails or rain.
But I wasnlt using a PIR for that stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O32lQ_FGwdQ

I also use pre-triggering.

You're just a pathetic excuse for a troll that has never
had a ****ing clue about anything at all, ever.

Go find the rear of a sheep to take your frustrations out on.