Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mrcheerful Mrcheerful is offline

Default Charging battery in situ

On 25/11/2016 09:21, Bertie Doe wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,
Bertie Doe wrote:
I like to keep my boat batteries on trickle charge .. I made up a lead
to connect via 'cigarette socket' ... works fine

I use one of those Aldi/Lidl chargers mentioned by this group last year.
It goes into 'maintenance cycle' after initial boost.

I built one in to the old Rover. In the spare wheel well. With a
waterproof mains plug under the bumper. Only slight snag is you have to
press the button on it to set it to charge after powering up.

OT but one of the main differences beween the Lidl and Aldi models were
the displays (LCD vs LED)

I assume my Aldi XS model is LED, yes? :-
http://www.mycaravan.org.uk/Images/B.../Battery/D.jpg

no that is a liquid crystal display. LED shines.