Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oregon official who bullied Christian bakery owners loses election

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 17:41:50 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 11/24/2016 5:30 PM, Sterling Archer wrote:
on 11.24.2016, Muggles supposed :
On 11/24/2016 3:09 PM, Sterling Archer wrote:
Muggles formulated on Thursday :
On 11/24/2016 12:58 PM, Sterling Archer wrote:
Muggles formulated on Thursday :
On 11/24/2016 9:43 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/24/2016 9:24 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I believe it's wrong to label gay, or any other combination of
union
"marriage". Marriage was an institution created by God to join
one
man
and one woman in matrimony, and it reflects the relationship
between
Gods church and his people. Any other combination is not
"marriage",
and a perversion of the institution God created.

Please describe how it affects you, Maggie Muggles, when a gay
couple
gets married. I'm having difficulty understanding the real-life
consequences (to you) of gay marriage.
Well. she is offended. You cannot do anything that offends others.
Offended?? I'm ashamed that our country has gone so deep down
into the
pit as it has gone. I want America to be great again.
You say "again", during which period of time did you consider
America to
be greater than it is currently?

I don't think there is any one specific period of time I'd be able to
name that would satisfy your query mostly because you have an agenda
and
you're adamant about supporting your own "Godless" point of view.

Godlessness has nothing to do with the topic.

OH yes it does. Your stance is America had nothing to do with God
inspiring it's founders. THAT equates to you pursing an argument
supporting a Godless viewpoint in America's birth.

My query was not made in quest of satisfaction, but rather an
explanation of your statement.

At what point in the history of our nation was America greater than it
is now?

I can understand why you are afraid of answering the question, but that
is entirely about your perspectives, rhetoric and hypocrisy. Come now,
demonstrate some integrity and face your personal demons by answering
the question.

At times I've come to the conclusion that trying to "explain" various
things to some people that I've said would either take too long to do
so, or would be a waste of time trying.

You've already made up your mind that you'll counter anything I've said,
so IMO, I think it would be a waste of time for me to "explain" to you
/various points in history that I feel America is greater than it is
now/ because then I'd have to "explain" to you WHY I've come to those
conclusions.

It might turn into an interesting discussion if I did go into more
detail, but I'm not so sure you can actually participate in a discussion
like that without inserting your own distaste or hate if/when I refer to
faith, so you can score some sort of "point".

OTOH, I am tempted to give it a try... haven't made up my mind, yet.

Gotta love the theist approach, if you question them or demand evidence,
then you are full of hate. LOL

I'm not a theist, so you're off to a slow start.

Honestly, don't do me any favors. You made a silly statement about
making America great again, but, you are incapable of of answering the
simple question:

"At what point in the history of our nation was America greater than it
is now?"

There is a difference in choosing to not explain something vs. being
incapable of doing it. Intelligent people understand that difference.

Apparently, in your orbit, words, facts, history and empirical evidence
do not matter. Maybe you should ask yourself a couple of questions:
"Was America, at any point in the past, ever a better place for a
greater percentage of it's residents then it is today? OR Was it a much
better place for a much smaller percentage of it's residents and a much
worse place for many others?" If you were to be truly honest in your
analysis, you would stop parroting the Trump rhetoric.

You're channeling some passive aggressive female, now.

America is a great and honorable, but imperfect nation.

We WERE a great nation, but have slipped not only in the eyes of the
world, but in the eyes of many of it's own citizens.

We are CLOSER
now to the goals of our founders than at any time in our history;
liberty, justice and equality for all without prejudice against or bias
towards any law abiding residents.

No we aren't. Equality and justice for all only happens for people who
can afford to buy it.

The nation is not perfect by any
means, but you apparently are incapable of citing one period in our
history in which the nation was comprehensively "greater".

I repeat: There is a difference in choosing to not explain something vs.
being incapable of doing it. Intelligent people understand that difference.

You always disappoint when it comes to thoughtful introspection and
logical analysis.

I usually disappoint passive aggressive attempts to push me in any
particular direction that I'm not interested in going. If you'd like to
stop channeling that typical passive aggressive female I just mentioned,
we might have an interesting discussion.

America will be the greatest it has ever been, in his eyes, when
there is no reference to religion or "gods" allowed anywhere in the
USA. After all, the Islamists only hate us because we are seen as
"Christian".
All men will be equal when there is no respect for anything anyone
"believes" and when everything will align with the limitted
"scientific proof" that is deamed to be correct by the small-thinking
litteralist quasi-scientific leaders of the ignorant and uneducated
masses.

The USA is well on it's way, with it's deteriorating and hopelessly
inadequate public school system and it's "politically correct"
universities almost straight out of "Animal Farm" - and a political
system perverted to prevent government from accomplishing anything
that benefits "the masses".

Oh yes, America is getting SO CLOSE to greatness!!!!!!!

And it really has very little to do with abortion, Gay marriage, and
all the consrevative "hot buttons"