Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Charging battery in situ

"rick" wrote in message news
On 24/11/2016 14:26, Huge wrote:

I've always done the former, except where the battery is inaccessible,
then the latter. IMNHO, it makes little or no difference.

Chassis or terminal .. makes no diff as long as car is -ve earth

I like to keep my boat batteries on trickle charge .. I made up a lead to
connect via 'cigarette socket' ... works fine

I use one of those Aldi/Lidl chargers mentioned by this group last year. It
goes into 'maintenance cycle' after initial boost.

It's also used on my 85ah battery, which powers one of those Bison electric
outboard motors and lasts about 45 mins. I was surprised to find that the
Yaris battery is a mere 45ah.