Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Dry Verges

On Thursday, 24 November 2016 13:23:17 UTC, Chris J Dixon wrote:
There seems to be a move to retro-fit plastic dry verges these
days, with plenty of firms touting for business.

My cement tiled roof is due for some attention, and I don't do
aerial clambering.

Are they a good idea? What are they screwed into?

What sort of prices are reasonable? I am in a semi, but next door
is lower, so I effectively have two gable ends.

Unusually for me, I was curious enough to allow a caller at my
door to give me a price, which started at £550, then dropped by
£100. I've just had a flyer for another outfit (devoid of street
address) which would be £298.

What dodges do the unscrupulous use, about which I should be
wary?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

There's lots of different sorts.
Just Google.
Some is nailed on to the existing verge, some is nailed on to the top of the edge rafter.
Main advantage is in windy situations sops tile from blowing off too easily..