Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curtain rail sticking

On Thursday, 24 November 2016 13:45:11 UTC, wrote:
On Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 12:30:13 PM UTC+1, Mark wrote:
Hi,
I've just fitted a new curtain rail and the damn things sticks. i.e.
I can't pull the curtains across since it jams.

It a plastic cordless monorail system for lightweight curtains (the
gliders hook over the top and bottom of the rail). What seems to be
happening is that the gliders are twisting instead of gliding which
causes the jam.

The rail is straight and horizontal. It's strange since I haven't had
trouble with these before.

Apart from replacing the whole rail is there a simple/easy solution to
this?

Use some silicone spray from Halfords. It has a little straw that you can guide into the rail, then your curtains will whoosh around, even bay windows

I'm sure he's waited the 7 years for your advice. Looks like you need a sensible newsgroup client or portal.

NT