Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moving light switch to the other side of the door

On 24/11/16 13:02, GB wrote:
On 24/11/16 11:58, GB wrote:
On 24/11/2016 08:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
Sounds like a bodge to me, but have you thought of perhaps putting in a
radio controlled switch in the original place and using a glued on
battery
operated remote which you can put wherever you want it. As long as you
can
get to it to change the batteries it should work well over such a short
distance.
Brian

The receiver could be in the ceiling rose. That would save running a
cable to the light switch altogether. Why isn't that done routinely, as
it would surely be cheaper in new builds than the traditional method?

It's coming,...not quite there yet.

Having spouted my twaddle, I checked some prices. I found a kit for
around £20, which isn't competitive against the traditional method
unless a lot of channelling out of solid walls is needed.

Yup.

Frankly it could be peanuts if it was a one chip or two chip board made
in china...that you just pointed a remote at.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)