Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default Virgin media cabling

On 24/11/2016 10:46, GMM wrote:

The question is, would there be a down-side to taking the cable into an
easy ground floor location, seeing whether it works OK and, if not,
extending myself to the first floor?

I'm assuming (from what I can glean online) that distribution is via
co-ax. I have a drum of RG6 already - Is that OK or should I source
something different if I have to do this? Clearly, this presents some
issues as it's not the most flexible stuff going.

Personally, I would put the superhub in modem mode and leave it at the
entry point, then run Cat5e from it up to a decent WiFi router.
The Sh3 is erm, not the best WiFi router out there