Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Not much on metalworking here anymore...

On 2016-11-23, Jim Wilkins wrote:
I recently bought this chuck, a product of Inner Mongolia,
http://littlemachineshop.com/product...ProductID=2276

and the snug-fitting 5C mount LMS doesn't list as a backplate for it.
http://littlemachineshop.com/product...ProductID=5479

A nice combination. I've got a relatively larger (6") 6-jaw
with adjust-tru style mounting, but this would be nice for lots of
things.

5C isn't just convenient, it allows the chuck and work to move between
the lathe and an indexing fixture on the mill.

Agreed.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--