Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_15_] Muggles[_15_] is offline

Default Oregon official who bullied Christian bakery owners loseselection

On 11/23/2016 5:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/23/2016 2:23 PM, Muggles wrote:

The First Amendment says nothing about being entitled to being free of
exposure to religion.

No one made an assertion to the contrary. You are attempting to move the
goal post.

On the contrary ... you and others attempt to imply that our
Constitution also grants the right to discriminate against expressions
of faith in public.

No one said that from what I've seen. You can stand in front of your
house or go to church and talk about your beliefs. What we don't want
is to have it forced on us in secular government gatherings.

Any gathering is a combination of people both secular and spiritual.
The government should allow those who are spiritual to express their
beliefs at government gatherings.... Prayer! Thanking God for blessings
on our country, etc.

This country was formed based on such freedoms, and we shouldn't ignore
that.

If I go to a wedding in a church they can do whatever service they
choose. I make the decision to attend or not. If I go to a town
meeting, I don't want a religious service.

Prayer is not a religious service. Acknowledging God is not a religious
service, either. These things need to come back into our society, and
it is my hope that they will, especially, since Trump will be appointing
conservative judges to the Supreme Court! Perhaps, he'll get to appoint
multiple judges, too?

We will take that back, too. I hope to see the day when statues of the
10 Commandments are returned to display on public property, and more
than that in the future.

If you want them back, take out the first and third and them call the a
list of "8 good ideas to live by"

LOL

--
Maggie