Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Not much on metalworking here anymore...

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
news
Jim Wilkins wrote:
I recently bought this chuck, a product of Inner Mongolia,
http://littlemachineshop.com/product...ProductID=2276

What's the quality like? LMS seems hit or miss, but they always make
it
right in the end, so they're good to deal with.

The fit and finish are good, about the same as my Bison chucks. I
don't have anything better to compare it to. They claim 0.003" runout
and that's what I measured. I probably won't use it long or hard
enough to see wear.

I bought it after salvaging a thin-walled sleeve on my truck that was
part of an assembly which would cost over $300 to replace. The lathe
setup was very wonky without a 6-jaw and I was lucky to have some
tapered scrap that jammed in and supported the tailstock end well
enough for very light cuts.

-jsw