Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_15_] Muggles[_15_] is offline

Default Oregon official who bullied Christian bakery owners loseselection

On 11/23/2016 4:56 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/23/2016 2:34 PM, Muggles wrote:

"the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense,
founded on the Christian religion."

Article XI, Treaty of Tripoli - 1797

This isn't to say people haven't introduced god(s) into discussion. It
means the Government was not founded upon christianity. It is the law
of the land and the official position of our government.

You're wrong, and I've provided quotes in other posts from our founding
fathers themselves.

You gave some quotes of their personal opinions. They are entitled to
have an opinion and use that as a reason to fight for independence. But
the Constitution does not include religion as a part of its core.

Founding fathers were smart enough to give us freedom to pray and
believe as we wish, or not.

Religion is how people seek or relate to God. Religion isn't required
to acknowledge or even mention God, and God/Creator/Divine
Providence/Supreme Judge of the world IS mentioned in the Constitution,
AND given credit for the inspiration and direction the colonists took to
separate from the King of England.

The Unanimous Declaration of the
Thirteen United States of America
In Congress, July 4, 1776

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people
to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another,
and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal
station to which the Laws of Nature and of Natures *God* entitle them,
a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should
declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal;
that they are endowed by their *Creator* with certain unalienable
rights; that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness;

WE, THEREFORE, the REPRESENTATIVES of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, in
General Congress assembled, appealing to the *Supreme Judge of the
world* for the rectitude of our intentions...

....And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the
protection of *Divine Providence*, we mutually pledge to each other our
Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

http://www.heritage.org/initiatives/...f-independence

--
Maggie