Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT - Charitable Requests Overwhelming

Per Mark Lloyd:
Basically, what I do. I DO NOT donate by phone, and don't even answer
calls from known charities.

I still have trouble with the idea that some people talk to strangers
making unsolicited phone calls... period....

Heaven forbid they should say "You talk to strangers on the phone????
What, are you stupid????"

Actually, there is one phone solicitation I do respond to--the annual
student telethon from my uni engineering college from which graduated.
I do enjoy talking with current student if only for a brief time and do
request a pledge card each year to which respond as see fit depending on
the year and all...