Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default OT - Charitable Requests Overwhelming

Per Mark Lloyd:
Basically, what I do. I DO NOT donate by phone, and don't even answer
calls from known charities.

I still have trouble with the idea that some people talk to strangers
making unsolicited phone calls... period....

Every so often the news does a bit on some scam or another and a local
citizen that got taken. Somewhere along the line they say some
mealy-mouthed BS like "You really should check with the Better Business
Bureau before you send money to a stranger who calls you on the phone."

That always makes me a little crazy - as in wanting to throw something
at the TV screen....

Heaven forbid they should say "You talk to strangers on the phone????
What, are you stupid????"
--
Pete Cresswell