Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Computer Scientists Urge Clinton Campaign To Challenge Election Results

Per Kurt V. Ullman:
Past things I have seen indicate that the computer machines have a
lower error rate than the other two (especially to the extent that
things like creases, etc., make it necessary to hand count the optical
machines). It could just as easily be that the computer is more accurate
and the problem is with the paper ballots and optical scanners.

I did not notice any reference to whether-or-not the suspect districts
had paper backup.

Seems like I have seen reference to computerized voting systems that are
100% digital - with no paper backup; but that was some years ago.

As a computer application developer in my previous life, I would find
lack of a paper trail disturbing - to say the least.

Does anybody know?

--
Pete Cresswell