Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_15_] Muggles[_15_] is offline

Default Oregon official who bullied Christian bakery owners loseselection

On 11/23/2016 7:23 AM, Sterling Archer wrote:
Muggles brought next idea :

Something has to actually exist before it can be rejected. You and the
other non-secular whack-a-doodles have conjured deities, pretend they
are real and attempt to use them to persuade other people to do and give
you what you want.

Actually, a bunch of us have spoken via the ballot box. We have a hope
and a future in this country.

Every citizen has a hope and a future in this country.

However, your supernatural delusions, superstitions and mass mental
illness has no place and never again will be codified as law in our nation.

On the contrary ... belief in God is what prompted our founding fathers
to work so long and hard to have a free nation.

George Washington
"I now make it my earnest prayer the God would have you and the State
over which you preside, in His holy protection, that he would incline
the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and
obedience to government; to entertain a brotherly affection and love for
one another, for their fellow citizens of the United States at large,
and particularly for their brethren who have served in the field; and,
finally, that he would be most graciously pleased to dispose us all to
do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity,
humility, and pacific temper of mind, which were the characteristics of
the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without an humble
imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a
happy nation." June 8, 1783 in a letter to the governors of the states
on disbanding the army. "

Thomas Jefferson
"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a
nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a
conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the
Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath?
Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that
His justice cannot sleep forever." 1781, Query XVIII of his Notes on
that State of Virginia.

"My views...are the result of a life of inquiry and reflection, and very
different from the anti-christian system imputed to me by those who know
nothing of my opinions. To the corruptions of Christianity I am,
indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am
a Christian in the only sense in which he wished any one to be;
sincerely attached to his doctrines in preference to all others..."
April 21, 1803 in a letter to Dr. Benjamin..."

James Madison
"We have all been encouraged to feel in the guardianship and guidance of
that Almighty Being, whose power regulates the destiny of nations."
March 4, 1809 Inaugural Address

€śWe have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the
power of government, far from it. Weve staked the future of all our
political institutions upon our capacity€¦to sustain ourselves according
to the Ten Commandments of God.€ť [1778 to the General Assembly of the
State of Virginia]

Benjamin Franklin
"Here is my Creed. I believe in on God, the Creator of the Universe.
That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.

That the most acceptable service we render to Him is in doing good to
His other Children. That the soul of Man is immortal, and will be
treated with Justice in another Life respecting its conduct in this.
These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound Religion, and I
regard them as you do in whatever Sect I meet with them.

John Adams
The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were.
.. . . the general principles of Christianity. . . . I will avow that I
then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of
Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and
attributes of God; and that those principles of liberty are as
unalterable as human nature. (taken from a letter to Thomas Jefferson on
June 28, 1813)

(mo http://www.aproundtable.org/tps30info/beliefs.html )

--
Maggie