Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Auto dimmer for LEDs

On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 15:07:11 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
If you want to retrofit rather than rewire , major brand dimmable LEDs
will now make a reasonable job of dimming to a low level on any phase
chopping dimmer.

Interesting. I'm a very late adopter of LEDs indoors since I want a decent
light quality and the ability to dim them.

I have had that ability for a number of years it;s only in teh last 15 months or so that the price has come down enough to make it tempting.
I've been dimming LEDs for years using PWM.

And was surprised when a recent
dimmable LED bought for not a lot at ASDA dimmed perfectly on a 25 year
old dimmer.

Really you said you didn't buy your electrical stuff from ASDA.