Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Auto dimmer for LEDs

On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 13:42:32 UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 4:57:54 PM UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 16:28:34 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 15:28:12 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I dunno, Dave. It's many many years since I had a fusebox. Or
indeed some el cheapo dimmer that wouldn't work with dimming LEDs.

The vast majoroty don't work with dimmable LEDs.

I haven't got 'the vast majority'. Have you?

Yes I have .
I'm not using kit which is 1/4 of a century old.

Of course not. You keep on breaking things through your own stupidity.

Where do you get that idea out of the usual place your arse.
I dimmer that I throw out in nearly 30 years.
How many triacs have yuo chanaged in that timne ?
What a waste of time.

My 25 year old Home
Automation ones do.

strange condiering you have claimed to replace the traics why replace
them ?

You've not learned a single thing from these posts, have you?

Not from you there is nothing but studidity from you.
Now explain again why you replaced your triacs ?

Explain again? Since you didn't understand the first time - with others
trying to explain it to you too - why would you understand now?

yuo claim that replacing triacs turns makes a dimmer go from a leading edge to a trailing edge dimmer.

For someone who works in the education field not being able to learn at
all seems very odd.

Some like you are just too thick to learn.
every site I've seen says pretty much teh same thing about dimmable LEDs'
why are yuo saying they are all wrong.

http://luxreview.com/article/2015/07...or-led-dimming

Trailing Edge, AKA Reverse Phase Control, RFC is a technical backwater , a patch for retro fit to cover early driver limitations.

LEDs are best dimmed and driven at the driver.

what do you mean by that ?

From article quoted "...adjustable minimum brightness..." isn`t something that`s needed when LEDs can be dimmed to near zero directly at driver.

Dimming the power,

very technical dimming the power how do you do that ?