Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch oven temp keeps resetting to 150

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 09:52:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/23/2016 7:44 AM, John G wrote:

the 150 reverted to default 170 again. Eventually my wife gave up on
dealing with this and carried on with Circotherm which was working
properly.
Later during a conversation with our son, he suggested turning off the
oven at the mains and leaving it off overnight. I didn't give this much
hope but tried it anyway. Low and behold the oven settings are now back
to normal, the heating digit lights immediately and the chosen
temperature setting is maintained.
This may not work for everyone but it is worth a try before committing
to a hefty call out fee.

This solution works for many electronic devices. Computer, phone,
sewing machines, modem, cable box, etc. Overnight is not needed,
usually 15 seconds is enough.

Going back to the original IBM PC, this became known as 'BRS mode'.

Big Red Switch.

Not quite as good as the (different) LBT from DEC.