Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Oregon official who bullied Christian bakery owners loses election

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 6:45:28 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/22/2016 4:40 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 5:26:02 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/22/2016 4:16 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 5:13:09 PM UTC-5, Sterling Archer wrote:
Muggles formulated the question :
I believe it's wrong to label gay, or any other combination of union
"marriage". Marriage was an institution created by God to join one man
and one woman in matrimony, and it reflects the relationship between
Gods church and his people. Any other combination is not "marriage",
and a perversion of the institution God created.

Superstition and fairy tales, what a great foundation for legislation
in a secular government.

+1

I'd like to see someone prove that god created marriage. The same
people that believe that, believe god created the universe in 6 days,
a woman from the rib of a man, and that dinosaurs lived at the same
time as man.

Whether some want to recognize God created marriage, our country was
formed based on Biblical principles, and marriage between one man and
one woman was one of those principles.

The bible also supported and justified slavery as one of it's principles.

No. The bible addressed the issue of slavery because it was a well
known practice at the time. It never endorsed slavery.

ROFL. The mental gymnastics you go through to come to your silly
conclusions are amazing. Of course the bible endorsed slavery:

One example:

And if a man sells his daughter to be a female slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who has betrothed her to himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt deceitfully with her. And if he has betrothed her to his son, he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters. If he takes another wife, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, and her marriage rights. And if he does not do these three for her, then she shall go out free, without paying money.

€”€‰Exodus 21

And aren't you bible thumpers always telling us how the bible, the church
is our guide from telling right from wrong? What the hell good is the
bible, if it says that you shall not commit adultery or steal, but holding
people at slaves, it not only doesn't condemn it, but actually talks
about how to do it?

And the US was formed allowing slavery as part of it's custom and govt
enforced laws, so I guess that was all peachy keen too, eh?

Slavery was and has been a well known practice in many civilizations
prior to America becoming a nation. The immigrants who came to this
country all brought their practices and customs with them, and that
includes the practice of slavery. As a nation we fought to find our own
identity and defined what we as a nation would support and defend. We
worked out that issue and the practice of slavery lost the battle here
in the US.

--
Maggie

And exactly the same can be said about same sex marriage issue. Except
folks like you are like the slave holders in the south who could not
accept the changes and clung to their "customs" and the bible to try
to justify slavery.