Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Not much on metalworking here anymore ,just political ****.

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 15:24:06 +0930, Bluey69
wrote:

Oh...I forgot to mention, last week and this...in addition to the
daylight stuff, in the evenings...I cast and then loaded 400 41 Magnum
rounds, 100 45-70 300 gr JHPs, 150 405 cast gaschecked rounds in the
same caliber..and 60 of my 500gr hard cast sharp pointed spitzers for
ground squirrel shooting. Along with 400 rds of 158gr SWCs in 357
Mag and 40 rds of 158gr soft point flat nose rounds in 357 Maximun for
the Savage over and under. Ive got 6.5 Swedes in the tumbers as I type
this and will be loading several hundred rounds for each of my
Swedes..each with its own recipe. After that, comes 400 44 Mag cast
loads and a hundred or so JHPs. Then a few thousand .45 ACPs...got
the lead ingotized and now that the weather is cooling off..I can have
a big casting session and run a few hundred pounds of wheelweights
through the molds.

A trade I did over a year ago, finally born fruit, and Im taking
delivery of my AR in 6.5 Grendel this coming weekend ..so have been
prepping 7.62x39 brass into fireform shape. Not sure what Im going to
fireform them with..its a gas piston rifle..cast bullets would be the
thing to use...but cleaning the piston system out....brrrrrr...

Then I need to decide if Im actually going to register the lil
critter..California laws have come un****ed..or wait till the last
minute and see if the Donald and the heavily pro 2nd Amendment new
SCOTUS rules most of California laws unConstitutional. Thats what I
think Ill do.. Afterall..this is not going to be a toting rifle..but a
ballot box/jurybox/cartridge box arm.

Is this good metalworking laddy boyo? Sorry boyo...Ive not done much
machining lately..nor much welding. Oh..I did weld up a base for my
Emglo 3hp gasoline driven air compressor early last week. It will be
mounted in my old service body trailer which I retrieved Sunday. I
still have to go get the old Hobi 16 sailboat thats sitting out there,
but the sale of my friends ranch has run into a snag..so I have a
month or so before I need to drag it home to the High Desert Boat
Werx storage compound...IE..my side yard. That will be #7.
Want to buy a Venture 24? Needs a bit of cleaning and some TLC, but
is in decent shape with at least 5 sails and a MARVELOUS trailer.
$1000, no outboard. The 9.9 Johnson Sailmaster will be going on the
new to me Aquarius 23 when it gets home to her new owner...me.

So mate..what have you been doing eh? Other than way too many pints
from those pesky metal cans....

Oh..Ive been told Im under consideration for a job with a firm that
specializes in CNC metal forming tools, benders, mills, lathes, CNC
punches and so forth. Similar name to the new President. However..it
will be Traveling Service Tech...60 hrs a week+ and flying all across
the US and Canada and Mexico. At my age..Im not terribly sure its
something I really want to do. Road warrior at my age...will be a gut
buster..Ive done it for 30 yrs ...and just when I thought Id found
something local..this turns up. Gotta ponder a lot on this ya know.
Im not going to hang up my rolling tool box for another 7 or so years,
when I turn 70...but damnit...Id love to be able to get in the car,
drive no more than 30 minutes and be at work. This Bakersfield to
Pittsburg crap...gotta ponder on it a lot...big time.

So mate..whacha been doing visa vis metalworking lately?

Hummmm?

---