Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT - Charitable Requests Overwhelming

On 11/22/2016 09:17 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Peter:
Most charities include a self addressed pre-paid postage envelope. If
it's a charity we know we'll never support financially, we write a short
note asking them remove us from their mailing list to save them the
expense of wasted mailings and save a few trees in the process. We mail
it back in their envelope. We've had good luck with that strategy.

I'm going to start doing that - seems like it *has* to work because very

It hasn't worked for me. One organization that I do support has me on
their mailing list twice. I put a PostIt note on my checks telling them
to drop one or the other but it never happens. Maybe an empty envelope
with the note will have more success.