Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
1josh 1josh is offline

Default Digging out crawl space - Power tools?

replying to RicodJour, 1josh wrote:
Stumbled across this thread 8 years later... I hope your job got done by this
time. Posting my comment for anyone else surfing for a solution. Start
punching 'auger' terms into google and look at pictures. Garden auger, ice
auger, earth auger etc. There's some that attach to a regular handheld drill.
Some with a short twist and a long stem, which maybe could be shortened. You
could get or adapt or magiver a plunge stand for the drill if there's no hand
room at first. Giver a look-see though, and I think you'll see the potential.
Heck you could even jimmy up something to auger the dirt out from under the
house instead of a conveyor. Anyway, just some thoughts. Hope you got er done
mate.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/constru...ols-13210-.htm