CBHvac

Default Part of home electrical system shuts down

First..not to try to sound like another contractor, screaming GET AN
ELECTRICIAN in there.....but..

We had a situation similar to this not long ago on a unit...and it was so
unreal we missed it till it about knocked one of our guys on his ass..

It was due to a line that had burned in half...and was actually going to
ground. It tripped the breaker for a while, and the homeowner went to a
larger breaker...for whatever reason, that stopped the tripping, but the
unit would run for about 20 minutes and shut off, no matter what.
When we got there, we found the connector where the electrical entered the
unit was shorted to the wires, and the wires had burned in half..sometimes
making contact and sometimes not.

You MIGHT have a bad connection in a J box at somepoint and it MIGHT be in a
condition that COULD be detrimental to your home.
Get it checked...soon.

"Andre Courchesne - Consultant" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have a very weired problam at my house. This is not a new house,
it was built in 1960, but most part of the electrical system was
redone about 10 years ago.

Once in a while, part of the electrical system shuts-down. When I
mean part it is about half of the circuits. I could not find any logic
in the circuits that shuts down or the one that keep alive.

The shut down lasts between 5 and 15 minutes and everything comes
back to life...

I changed a few breakers in the hope it would do something and I
also re-tighted all live and neutral in the master box but this did
not change anything.

Tomorrow night I will have a UPS connected to my PC with a
monitoring software to see what the AC line is doing but I have no
clues.

Any ideas anyone?

Andre

P.S. You can e-mail directly to me.