Posted to alt.home.repair
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default OT - Charitable Requests Overwhelming

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 10:18:04 AM UTC-6, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per Peter:
Most charities include a self addressed pre-paid postage envelope. If
it's a charity we know we'll never support financially, we write a short
note asking them remove us from their mailing list to save them the
expense of wasted mailings and save a few trees in the process. We mail
it back in their envelope. We've had good luck with that strategy.

I'm going to start doing that - seems like it *has* to work because very
Pete Cresswell

It *will* work. Just be sure to ask them to "Remove my name AND
be removed as I did it in the past without emphasizing AND so
the squirrels just removed my name the next time I got a mailing.
I quickly corrected that oversite and have not failed since to
ask for name AND address to be removed.