Andre Courchesne - Consultant

Default Part of home electrical system shuts down

Hi,

I have a very weired problam at my house. This is not a new house,
it was built in 1960, but most part of the electrical system was
redone about 10 years ago.

Once in a while, part of the electrical system shuts-down. When I
mean part it is about half of the circuits. I could not find any logic
in the circuits that shuts down or the one that keep alive.

The shut down lasts between 5 and 15 minutes and everything comes
back to life...

I changed a few breakers in the hope it would do something and I
also re-tighted all live and neutral in the master box but this did
not change anything.

Tomorrow night I will have a UPS connected to my PC with a
monitoring software to see what the AC line is doing but I have no
clues.

Any ideas anyone?

Andre

P.S. You can e-mail directly to me.