Posted to alt.home.repair
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default OT - Charitable Requests Overwhelming

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 9:56:13 AM UTC-6, Peter wrote:

Most charities include a self addressed pre-paid postage envelope. If
it's a charity we know we'll never support financially, we write a short
note asking them remove us from their mailing list to save them the
expense of wasted mailings and save a few trees in the process. We mail
it back in their envelope. We've had good luck with that strategy.

That also works for credit card offers, magazines, insurance
sales, just about anything that will generate money for the
sender. If you check your banks' privacy notification you are
given the option to opt out of them sharing (polite way of saying
selling) your name and address with anyone. Banks are the worst
offenders for sharing your name and address with anyone who will
cross their palm with a bit of cash.

The few charity mailings I get include an envelope but it's
not a postage paid type.