Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 18:12:59 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 22:15:49 -0800, Gunner Asch

wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 18:55:30 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

You wrote:
Want to bet that (some) aliens are as warlike as we are?

If they were, we probably wouldn't be alive. shrug

What do we have that they would want? Iphones???

By going into space, we may be perceived as a threat to the more
warlike aliens. It's a good thing that rumor has it that a nicer
species will be visiting us here.

We aren't a credible threat as long as we depend on hopelessly
inefficient chemical rockets.

However.....
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...space-science/

EM and Ion drives putting out a milliNewton per kilowatt arne't going
to get us intergalactic any time soon. They're as practical as the
new solar clothing.

--
I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you
have earned, but it is not greed to want take someone else's money.