Speedy Jim

Default cutting clay sewer pipe by hand

Joe Bobst wrote:

I would use a cutoff disk in an angle grinder.

Change this to "lots of cutoff discs". I think I went through half a dozen
discs (maybe more) to slice off a piece of 6" clay tile. Of course the mileage
will vary.
Had pretty good sucess on a job with 4" tile using a cheap 7 1/4" Chinese made
diamond blade in a regular power saw. The tiles were not yet buried in that
case. Maybe a diamond blade could be had for an angle grinder...it would be a
real quick deal if so. Good luck.

Joe

Yes, either the Chinese diamond blade or an abrasive (masonry)
blade. Once thru the glaze it's pretty quick cutting.
You can saw around maybe 270 degrees of the pipe, then break
off that chunk. Then saw the remaining part from *inside*
the pipe.

Jim