Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Troubleshooting RFI from switch-mode PS

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 7:20:48 PM UTC-8, wrote:

1) the PS is ...
3) nothing has changed for 7 years until recently so this is definitely recent noise coming from the PS as I can switch to a deep cycle battery instantly and the RX noise disappears.

I have ordered the two 1000uF, 200V input caps and should replace them in about 3 days and will let you all know the results.

The input filter capacitors serve no RF function, so won't solve anything related to RF noise.