Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT - Charitable Requests Overwhelming

On 11/22/2016 9:24 AM, wrote:
I have saved all charitable requests received in the mail since about
the middle of October, just for curiosity. As of this morning, I
have more than 40 requests for support. There may be some duplicates
in the pile, I didn't make any effort to sort out and throw out
duplicates. I use Charity Navigator as my primary screening tool, as
well as those local charities my wife and I are personally acquainted
with. It still is a huge amount of effort to relieve my wife and
myself of our hard-earned pension and savings. What do other folks
do?

I, personally, ignore all mail (and phone) solicitations automagically
irregardless of the source; I have personal selection of those which I
do support. Nothing difficult about it...

There are an untold number of worthwhile organizations along with any
number that are simply scams by another name. Find what you're
interested in(*), support it/them and go on with living.

(*) I'd make a suggestion to look local first, however..."charity
begins at home".