Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Possibly OT computer replacement

On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 12:22:32 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
But sometimes it's nice to start completely afresh with a new computer.
With this method I would recover the old files off teh old computer when
I needed them or noticed they were missing,a s sometimes you don;t
reslly need all the old installs of flash and others, just get the
lastest. Paid for software might be more risky though so be aware of
serial numbers you might have lost track of and the like over the years.

You're going to selectively copy software from one PC to another?

Well I would but as I use Macs I'm not sure what your comment actually means.
It's especailly useful if yuo have old software which wonlt run on your new computers OS or hardware.