Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 16:24:53 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 07:21:03 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 07:08:39 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news On 20 Nov 2016 22:55:43 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2016-11-19, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 06:47:01 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
message
DoN. Nichols wrote:

[ ... ]

Nope! a B&W CRT about 12" diagonal. 80x24 characters.

[ ... ]

I still have an ADM-3 terminal, along with some color
Tektronix
terminals. None have been used in over 15 years.

I still have my ASR-33 for the post-EMP Internet.

Do you think they'll survive it? I guess the ASR-33 may,
because
they
are purely mechanical with NO switches. Not so, the ADM-3.

The ASR-33 *does* have switches -- *lots* of them, in the

Newp, just "contacts". vbg

I bought extra dozens of 5x8 and 8.5x11 lined note pads for
post-EMP
times. Those and extra mechanical pencils. They could double
as
gifts from the primitive race to the aliens in exchange for an
AutoDoc
and a ton of medical nannites, whenever that happens.

:-)

What are the odds that the aliens would have nannites tailored
for the human race? :-)

When they see our cute and primitive writing tools, they'll make
them
specially for us. Remember, THEY are the advanced race.

IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!

I remember that episode,'To Serve Man'. LOL! One Step Beyond,
right? Watched it religiously, along with Twilight Zone, Outer
Limits, and all the Star Treks. I'm seriously hoping we meet much
more neutral and friendly aliens, and that they're waiting for us to
outgrow the warlike stage (which we've been in for far too long)
before they contact us.

Want to bet that (some) aliens are as warlike as we are?

On Earth the land predators have their eyes in front for depth
perception when they pounce, and the prey more on the sides to keep
watch all around.

What about 3-legged aliens with eyes on stalks?
Or those with gripping hands?

Authors Niven and Pournelle.

--
I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you
have earned, but it is not greed to want take someone else's money.