Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

Jim Wilkins wrote:

I'm clinging to my guns, religion and copper pair. The Telco business
office wants me to switch to fiber but the repairmen understand why I
don't.

Is it copper all the way to the C.O.? Most places are fiber, until
the last mile. It is a mile from my network interface, to the point
where it transitions into fiber. It's the same with the Internet and
CATV, via 'Fiber Enhanced Cable TV'. Instead of the old 7/8" supertrunk
system that was used from the '70s & '80s, it is a bundle of fiber optic
cables.

A supertrunk is just that. A long coaxial cable with amplifiers, but
no bridging amplifiers, or drops. It is often run alongside
conventional distribution to improve the signal quality at the extreme
ends of a CATV system

When I built my homebrew computer I used the 2125 / 2975 RTTY standard

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.