Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default OT - train tickets

On 11/21/2016 12:45 PM, Muddymike wrote:
On 20/11/2016 12:48, S Viemeister wrote:

I've heard that in the recent past, people have been able to retrieve
their paid-for tickets from the machine using the reference number and a
card other than the one used to make the booking, if that card has the
correct name on it. Anyone know if that's true?, If not, I'll need to
make another reservation (and will have wasted the cost of an
Edinburgh-Inverness ticket).

Just give him your card.

I'm on the north coast of Scotland. He's currently in the US, and will
be joining me soon - hence the need to book the train ticket.
The problem has, apparently, been solved, though. I had a callback from
a ScotRail CS rep, saying that any credit or debit card with the correct
name could now be used to pick up the tickets.