Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
RayL12 RayL12 is offline

Default OT. Channel Four are as bad as the BBC sometimes

On 13/11/2016 11:56 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"RayL12" wrote in message
news
On 07/11/2016 8:28 PM, JoeJoe wrote:
On 07/11/2016 20:06, Bill Wright wrote:
I've just watched John Snow's report from the US. Utter total one-sided
bias against Trump. Staggeringly one-sided.
Now Dispatches are on about the housing shortage. They mention that
it's
partly due to the 'massive population increase' but they don't say why
the population has increased.

Bill

I sometime wonder if people voted for Brexit because of the BBC stance
on the subject.

TV is a big influence. Which is why I prefer to source elsewhere. In
the case of Hillary, it may be that her campaign did, indeed, give
less hope to people?

Another reasoning was that, because media gave Hillary a top of the
leaderboard stance, Hillary supporters, feeling confident, didn't
bother to get up and vote?

Television, other than a few programs, is mostly worthless.

My Grandad, during the 60's said, 'Son, never watch adverts. Pay
little attention to news'.

Broadcasters want us to sit still and watch.

Given that TV is big business, why should I ever believe that; what
they offer is in disregard for the business of itself and, is benefit
to me? How many businesses do that?

While on the subject of TV, beware the Smart device. A camera that
feeds much info to the controllers.

One night, you will invite a few friends around for a drink and a
film(disregarding it's source), only for the tv to tell you, 'Sorry,
too many viewers!'. Of course, like Cookies on the PC, only forced
upon us with best intentions and our best viewing experience at
heart'. Aaawh, so nice!

As for Hillary and Trump? Looking through the Net, Trump has done a
few things that have upset quite a few, ordinary, people. A golf
course in Scotland, as an instance.

Hillary, along with Mr Clinton? Out and out killer.

We will never, likely, find a 'people empowering' piece of news on
TV. Does anyone remember the 'all channels' exclusive news of 2011;
Iceland jailing bankers and ministers? There's a good reason we didn't!

That's a very jaundiced view. Its because of the media coverage we saw
that rioting in London with complete arseholes torching shops etc. And
now fools chucking a tantrum now that Trump has won too.

And, you cannot paint me a red picture using blue paint.

....Ray.