Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Bandsaw tyre failure issue

On 21/11/16 12:34, John Rumm wrote:

Could it be related to the environment in which the saw is kept?

Inside in my garage - which is dry & damp free (no car ever in there so
no petrol fumes)

You need to keep rubber lubricated and out of UV or this happens.

Castor oil is what we used to use on model plane 'rubber motors' or
glycerinene..there are custom made 'lubricants' that help.

e.g.

http://www.samsmodels.com/products/r...?product_id=62

My guess is you are buying a naff brand of tyre.

That was my thought - but nobody else sells spares for Record Power
except them. So little choice.
Maybe putting a smear of some lubricant on them after use might be a
good idea.

They are not in daylight as wheels fully enclosed in metal covers.