Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O T Begging charity adverts on TV

In article ,
writes:
On Monday, 21 November 2016 09:41:08 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
What does the RNIB lottery do i wonder?

The raffles used to be run by RNIB. I know because I pulled the numbers out of a bin-bag once.

The postcode SN14 6NG for the RNIB lottery leads to Woods Group which run "charity raffles, weekly lotteries, payment processing & direct debit management" and "charity gaming consultancy".

A quick search suggests other clients, including lotteries, include Guide Dogs, Action for Blind People, Sight Savers, Great Ormond Street, National Trust, Cancer Research, Royal Star and Garter.

The RNIB (or their agents) call me every year for the raffle.
I always refuse. I have an RNIB collection box at home which
collects all my coppers (and 5/10/20p coins which I generally
don't take back out either). They got £59 in July from that,
which is probably about the fouth time I've banked all the coins
and sent them the money.

I happen to think that is a good fundraising idea and solved my
problem of collecting coppers I wasn't prepared to take back out
and use again.

http://www.rnib.org.uk/donations-and...onate/home-box

--
Andrew Gabriel