Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Bandsaw tyre failure issue

John Rumm wrote:
On 21/11/2016 11:40, rick wrote:
I have a Record Power SBS250 bandsaw ...
I don't use it much, once maybe twice a year for around 30 minutes ...
but every year (or so it seems) when I do want to use it - the rubber
tyres on the outside of the blade drive wheels are snapped.
(both were broken when I went to use it on w/end)
When you look at them the rubber seems to have deteriorated and has
loads of cracks .. this makes the machine a real pain as new tyres are
~£13 each.

When not in use the blade tension is slackened off .. and you can't over
tension the tyres as tension set by wheel diameter.

Anybody else have this problem ?

Not had it with mine...

Could it be related to the environment in which the saw is kept?

Some rubbers perish quickly in the presence of some volatile agents (like
petrol fumes).

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls