Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Bandsaw tyre failure issue

I have a Record Power SBS250 bandsaw ...
I don't use it much, once maybe twice a year for around 30 minutes ...
but every year (or so it seems) when I do want to use it - the rubber
tyres on the outside of the blade drive wheels are snapped.
(both were broken when I went to use it on w/end)
When you look at them the rubber seems to have deteriorated and has
loads of cracks .. this makes the machine a real pain as new tyres are
~£13 each.

When not in use the blade tension is slackened off .. and you can't over
tension the tyres as tension set by wheel diameter.

Anybody else have this problem ?