Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Possibly OT computer replacement

In message , Broadback
writes
I am considering replacing my desktop computer. what is the best way of
transferring data from my old one to the new?

Quietly ignoring the doom mongers, and assuming (1) you are using
windows and (2) you mean data only, just set up your new PC as you like
it, instal your favourite programs then copy data across using a USB
stick. That way, assuming the stick is big enough, you will also copy
the various folders, sub folders etc. Windows will update any ini files
it doesn't like.

Alternatively, copy across using a home network.

--
Graeme